Marry Me Chicken is a dish of tender sautéed chicken in a rich and creamy sun-dried tomato sauce. The recipe gained popularity after going viral on TikTok, where many users shared the recipe and claimed it will win over the heart of anyone you cook it for.
Garlic, sundried tomatoes, red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, and heavy cream all come together to create this decadent keto chicken dish that nobody can get enough of. Marry Me Chicken is made in one pan – a large cast iron skillet is recommended – and ready in under 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Marry Me Chicken
- Flour, salt, and pepper
- Chicken breast
- Olive oil and Butter
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- Fresh Cream and Parmesan cheese
- Chili flakes, Dried Oregano, and Thyme.
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
It’s a very easy recipe and requires less than 30 minutes of your time. So you can still make it even if a dinner date isn’t properly planned in advance as long as you have all of the ingredients.
Recipe for Restaurant Style Marry Me Chicken at home
- Dredge the chicken in seasoned flour, and shake off any excess flour. Transfer to a plate but do not stack the chicken as they will stick to each other.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat, heat the oil and melt the butter.
- Brown the chicken on both sides until it’s golden brown, transfer onto a warm plate, cover, and set aside.
- Saute the garlic for a minute or until it’s fragrant. Add the chicken stock, and deglaze the pan scraping any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese to the skillet. Allow the sauce to simmer for a couple of minutes, then season with chili flakes and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste, add the sundried tomatoes then put the chicken back in the sauce and let the sauce simmer and thicken for a few more minutes.
- Marry Me Chicken is now ready! Just garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and serve warm over pasta or rice.